If they are objects...
they are the daggers thrown at me
tied to a spinning wheel
A black mass floating out like smoke
from my lips
The enemy
to a glass thought
Your stare is far more piercing
Whose intentions are easier to read
"Haze all clouded up my mind
in the daze of what could've never been"
before I finished the sentence
My heart was pounding
The words dripped down my thoughts
into that dark chasm so few dare to reach for
Your leaps are without hesitation
regardless of how sharp the blades are lining my throat
and even as I'm cut to ribbons
still I see the light in you
As we said goodbye, like a dead twin, always at my side
You said you'd see me in the next life
"What surety there is" I read
"That we will meet again on other worlds"
and then I died a little more
The volume defiant to my need
I couldn't hear your screams loud enough
I flipped through the pages of pain
"brothers and lovers"
Some unable to be labeled
Some afraid to put a label on
for fear I'd have to put them on that designated shelf
unable to escape
actions DENY louder than words
and with each sweet note you sing
or plead
I flinch from the pain
I wonder what he knows
I wonder what he's been told
the words float through my head
taunting and cruel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment